What Stocks Should I Buy First?
The following is a partial transcript from the above video:
- Stocks that pay dividend.
- Stocks whose dividend have gone up over the past 10 years.
- Avoid speculations.
- Stay away from tech companies, they are very risky.
- Avoid minerals stocks are cyclical. Find out what their cycle is.
- Reinvest your dividends. Don’t spend it out.
- Buy when the stocks are low and everyone else is selling.
- Sell when everyone else is buying and the stocks are high.
- Pay attention to the news. This can save you a lot of money. Global crisis affects the price of stocks.
- Invest $500 – $1000 minimum to cushion for the fees.
- Diversify your accounts. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
- Do your own research. Graphs in earnings reports of the specific stocks you are investing.
- Coca Cola and other long-time stocks.
- ETF Funds: Collection of Funds. (Look and make sure you know which industry these stocks are.
What 5 Mistakes to Avoid Investing Stocks?
- Don’t think it is easy. It is a lot of work. Do your research look at the news, check financials, CEO Portfolios, etc. This will help save you a lot of avoidable losses.
- Listening to others. Go with your guts. Not everything is for you, it may be for others.
- Short-term fluctuations unless you are a short-term day trader. Don’t freak out stocks go up and down all the time.
- Don’t get emotionally attached to a stock. Detach. Stocks are a way of making money, to make money you will need to sell it at some point.
- Thinking about macro-economics. A country can be in recession and individual stocks can still do well.
FREE FEDERAL TAX FILING FROM E-FILE