The first thing to know is that you will need to be disciplined in making your monthly savings deposits and you will need to lower your expenses. As you see your money growing you may be tempted to touch it before you have achieved the goals you have set. Resist it and stand fast. Your dream will come true.
Without discipline your plans will go up and down, in and out and eventually come crashing down but with a little discipline and patience you can gain what you desire and accomplish what you set your mind to do.
How to save money: I saved $100k in a little over 3 years! By Bola From Clever Girl Finances
Ways Bola achieved her success:
- Live at home with your parents while saving, if possible.
- Contribute as much as you can to your 401k, especially if your employer offers a contribution match.
- If your employer does not offer a retirement fund, you can get your own.
- Cut down on your expenses.
- Cut off expensive and frivolous habits.
- Avoid friends that will influence you to go against your plans.
- Get a side hustle.
Disclaimer: Please consult your financial adviser before putting any of these strategies into practice.