WHY DOES GOD INFORM US AHEAD?
I have been hearing a lot of prophecy lately about the gloom and destruction of people and/or nations and other things. Many of these judgments are coming into this world because of the wickedness of man’s heart and the coldness of the heart of God’s people towards their Savior and their fellowman.
But why would God waste time telling us of these judgments? Why does he not simply carry them out? After all, He is God.
In addition to being a warning to those who have ears to hear, God allows us to know what He plans on doing, so that we can intercede on behalf of those whom his judgment is about to fall on; so that God would grant them His precious gift of repentance.
Amos 3:6-7 *
6. Shall a trumpet be blown in the city and the people not be alarmed and afraid? Shall misfortune or evil occur [as punishment] and the Lord has not caused it?
7. Surely the Lord God will do nothing without revealing His secret to His servants the prophets.
THE UNEXPECTED CALL
My family and I were being called away by the Holy Spirit into intercessory prayer. We did not understand nor were able to explain it. In fact, the Holy Spirit told us to be quiet about it. We were only given leisure to tell one or two spiritually mature friends.
It occurred not too long after joining a nearby Intercessory Prayer group. We were told to begin interceding for the city of New York, where we live. We were told to pray at home either at 4:00 am and/or 9:00 pm. It was during one of the 9:00 pm intercessions in October 2005, that the Lord began to speak to us.
Genesis 6:13–God said to Noah, I intend to make an end of all flesh, for through men the land is filled with violence; and behold, I will destroy them and the land.
We did not expect anything like this!
The Lord spoke to me in a vision that New York City would be overtaken by water. I asked him was this a spiritual water: an outpouring of His Holy Spirit or an actual water. He said it was an actual water, but that the Spirit of God would come in like a flood before and prepare those whom He needed to be prepared. Either by simply saving them: spiritual salvation and/or removing them out of the city, according to His will.
GOD TELLS US, DO NOT PRAY FOR OR WARN THE PEOPLE OF NEW YORK CITY
He told us not to pray for the people. In fact, He said that we are to go immediately to the Pocono Mountains, which we began to prepare to do.
I asked God if He wanted me to go and warn the people but He said do not warn them because they would not listen to us. He was speaking the same thing to many people, both saved and unsaved to escape and leave the city. Some had obeyed and others had remained. If they did not listen to Him, they would not listen to us.
WE ARE WARNED TO JUST LEAVE!
We then asked the Lord if He wanted us to intercede on behalf of the people but He said no, just leave.
We walked around staring at the people, as we went along our daily business. Amazed that so many people would perish in a moment, completely unaware of what is to take place. I said to the Lord, “Are all these people going to perish? These people should not perish like this.” He began to speak to me “Do not pray for them, their hearts are hardened and would not hear Him or us if we spoke to them.”
I AM WARNED THAT I TOO WILL PERISH IF I DO NOT LEAVE THE CITY
As we walked the streets all we could see is people under water. In fact, the Lord gave me a vision of myself sitting on my bed, while ice and water came in to cover me, if we did not leave.
Matthew 24:37-39, 42 *
37. As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
38. For just as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, [men] marrying and [women] being given in marriage, until the [very] day when Noah went into the ark.
39. And they did not know or understand until the flood came and swept them all away; so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
42. Watch therefore [give strict attention, be cautious and active], for you do not know in what kind of a day [whether a near or remote one] your Lord is coming.
We did our best to move but my husband and I did not have a driver’s license and could not for whatever reason, get anyone to take us. People would say yes and then no or just no, even those we expected to say yes. We continued to pack all our things and they remain packed for a while. We were still planning on moving. It was during this time that my husband lost his job and the only channel of income at that time. So we were at home praying and seeking God more, but still unable to move.
STANDING IN THE GAP
We then went to the Lord and brought to Him the fact that we were unable to move. Then the Lord said, “Now, pray on behalf of the people, including yourselves.”
Ezekiel 22:30 *
30. And I sought a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none.
TRUE EMPATHY: TRUE PRAYERS
After praying we began to understand what the Lord had done. He allowed us to be put in the place of all the people who would not be able to escape, so that we could pray fervent and effectual prayers, instead of Lord help these poor people who would not be able to escape and would perish. (Ha, Ha!). It may seem funny now but then it was no laughing matter, this was serious. The Lord was sending waters to destroy the city and we could not get out. . . absolutely, not funny.
James 5:16 *
Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].
II Chronicles 7:12-15 *
12. And the Lord appeared to Solomon by night and said to him: I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice.
13. If I shut up heaven so no rain falls, or if I command locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people.
14. If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.
15. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer offered in this place.
After that time of intercession, the Lord told us that the waters were postponed. He has used us to pray for other people and nations in this manner and has been using this time to teach us many things and to cause our thinking and desires to line up more closely with His.
A CHANGE OF HEART THE RESULT OF AN ENCOUNTER WITH GOD
We no longer pray God give us the desires of our hearts but God give us the desires of Your heart and use us for Your glory.
Psalm 37:4 *
4. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.
You never know what the Lord is doing until He reveals it to you. We are keeping a closer, meaning more prayerful, watch on what He wants for us.
The diligent training that we received at the prayer group helped us to keep our eyes focused on Jesus, knowing of His love, mercy and goodness. We have also learned to be punctual and diligent even when we are praying at home, when no one is watching or standing over us or encouraging us on, no one except, the Holy Spirit, of course.
John 14:26 *
26. But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.
Hebrews 13:5 *
5. Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]