THE SUBSTANCE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR – THE STUFF THAT OUR HOPE IS MADE OF.
Hebrew 11:1 (New Kings James Version – NKJV)
Now, faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen.
Faith is believing that what we hope for, think of, dream of or imagine will be. We anticipate it and wait expectantly for it to be.
Fear, however, is believing that something wrong, evil or bad will come to pass. It is faith and trust in God . . . corrupted. When you fear you place more trust in a person, circumstance or situation than in the goodness of God.
FAITH IN GOD PRODUCES GOOD FRUIT/RESULTS. FEAR PRODUCES BAD FRUIT/RESULTS. DOUBT/WAVERING PRODUCES NO FRUIT/RESULTS
18. And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him, and the boy was cured instantly.
19. Then the disciples came to Jesus and asked privately, Why could we not drive it out?
20. He said to them, Because of the littleness of your faith [that is, your lack of firmly relying trust.]. For truly I say to you, if you have faith [that is living] like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, Move from here to yonder place, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
Perhaps the disciples were looking at the serious depth of demonic oppression and doubted that such a terrible demon could be cast out. They have never came across anything this bad before. With God there is no big problem or little problem, big demon or little demon, big sin or little sin, big solution or little solution.ALL can be answered through faith in God. All require faith, trust and reliance on God. With God ALL things are possible.
But Jesus looked at them and said, With men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God.
GOD EXPRESSES HIS FAITH IN OUR FAITH
Genesis 11:5-8 The Tower of Babel
5. And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of man had built.
6. And the Lord said, Behold, they are one people and they have all one language, and this is only the beginning of what they will do, and now nothing they have imagined they can do will be impossible for them.
7. Come let Us go down and there confound (mix up, confuse) their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.
8. So the Lord scattered them abroad from that place upon the face of the whole earth, and they gave up building the city.
When God saw what the people were doing, what they had set in motion by their own faith/imagination. He said, “now nothing they have imagined they can do will be impossible for them.” God expressed great faith in the ability for them to accomplish everything they believed.
However, He had to stop what they were doing because it was in direct contradiction to His original instructions in Genesis. They were to fill and subdue the whole earth, not stay one place and settle there.
28. And God blessed them and said to them, Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it [using all its vast resources in the service of God and man]; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and over every living creature that moves upon the earth.
In Contradiction: Genesis 11:4
4. And they said, Come, let us build us a city and tower whose top reaches into the sky, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered over the whole earth.
After we have filled and subdued the whole earth, God allows us to build skyscrapers, since we have been obedient in fulfilling his previous instruction. As you well know we have many and God has not destroyed them. Thank you Lord.
10. Declaring the end from the beginning/start, and from ancient times things that are not yet done, saying, “My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure.
God declares the end before it occurs. He declares it at the start. At the time when he sees/thinks/imagines it to Him it is already done/completed/finished. That is why He can give the apostle John all the revelations that are written in the book of Revelations. If God fills all of Eternity, He also fills all of time. Time is a small point in Eternity.
We are given an imagination so that we can see what we want before we actually have it. It is a tool given to us by God, to help us fulfill His plans.
When we begin a thing, we must see/envision it completed.
When we think/imagine it and say it is finished. We see it and say the end of it. When we see the beginning of it we must also imagine the end.
10. For we are God’s (own) handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, (born anew) that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us (taking paths which He prepared ahead of time) that we should walk in them living the good life which He pre-arranged and made ready for us to live.
That is why God laughs at the devil. He finished the end of our faith in the beginning.
Psalm 37:13 (AB)
13. The Lord laughed at (the wicked), for He sees that their own day (of defeat is coming).
The beginning and the process do not determine the end, what we envision. Our faith determines the process and the end.
Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…
He, God is the author and finisher of our faith.
Mark 11:12-14, 20-24
12. Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry.
13. And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves. He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves for it was not the season for figs.
14. In response Jesus said to it, “Let no one eat fruit from you ever again.” And His disciples heard it.
20. Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
21. And Peter, remembering, said to Him, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.”
22. So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God.
23. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
24. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”
3. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.
4. And God saw the light, that it was good.
God saw darkness—the beginning
But He had light in Him, in His imagination/vision,
So He said Light—call things that were not as though they were
And He had what He said—And it was so.
What do you have in you. Say it and you will have it.
When Jesus cursed the fig tree, He saw the complete work.
That’s why Satan attacks your thoughts/imagination. He is after the root of your faith, your powerhouse of all you will ever obtain.
Genesis 3:4-5 (NKJV)
4. But the serpent said to the woman, You shall not surely die.
5. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing the difference between good and evil and blessings and calamity.
Receiving Faith Through Our Imagination
SATAN WILL ATTEMPT TO CHANGE YOUR IMAGINATION/VISION
When Satan tempted Eve she was deceived because she envisioned that if she ate the fruit, she would become wise and be like God knowing good from evil. Her faith was in what he, Satan, told her. Her faith was in a lie, something that will never happen or is not true. The truth is God had already made her in His image and she was already like God, the knowledge would come with time. Time would have also allowed her to gain the wisdom needed in order to know what to do with the knowledge she gains.
Our faith must stand in the Truth. God is Truth. The word of God is Truth.
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FACTS AND TRUTH
Fact: what is.
Truth: what will always be.
Truth affects facts, what we see/is.
Facts do not and cannot affect Truth.
Faith in the Truth changes what you see/is, facts.
EXAMPLE OF FAITH IN ACTION TODAY
When men first imagined/thought of walking on the moon, many doubted and laughed. They called it science fiction, an untruth. Those who believed it were said to be great dreamers. Those who believed, spoke it and worked separately and corporately on ways to accomplish it. As they kept working continually and consistently, they received in physical form what they had envisioned. We now call them visionaries.
DEAD FAITH, A FAKE, PRODUCES NO FRUIT, ALSO
Faith Without Works, Is Dead
17. So also faith, if it does not have works (deeds and actions of obedience to back it up), by itself is destitute of power (inoperative, dead).
18. But someone will say [to you then], You [say you] have faith, and I have [good] works. Now you show me you’re [alleged] faith apart from any [good] works [if you can], and I by [good] works [of obedience] will show you my faith.
It is no shock to me that some of the materials to create a rocket ship came from out of space. We did not have the materials on earth so they were supplied from elsewhere. God, looking towards the future, saw the time ahead and provided for it to come to pass in due season.
However, if we do not get our act together down here and clean up our own planet, it is not likely that He will allow us to do much space exploration. It is not consistent with His nature to allow us to spread our blight, any further.
We have filled the earth but we are not replenishing it, unfortunately, or consistently using its resources in service to God and man. So, we can just forget about space exploration until we have completed our previous instructions. Too bad.
Our faith must be put into action for this planet, this earth to fulfill God’s revealed plan and purposes according to the Word of God, the Holy Bible.
WHY THE TEST?
Why in the world would a Good and Loving Father, God allow a devil, deceiver in the Garden of Eden/Delight?
The testing of our faith helps us develop godly character. Even though Adam and Eve were created full-grown, their character needed to be developed, just like ours. Testing/trials is how we develop our spiritual muscles. We learn to be self-controlled and Spirit-led. Our lusts do not drive/lead us out of control or to a wrong path.
2. Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations.
3. Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience.
4. But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing.
God knew that in order for us to rule and reign as His representative we would need His character. Good/godly character is not something anyone is born with. We all have to go through the process of development in order to develop into whatever person we become.
HOW ARE WE TEMPTED AND WHAT DOES IT LEAD US TO?
Temptations occur through enticement. When we have evil lusts or passions we are enticed, led away by them when an opportunity to fulfill them is presented to us.
Evil lusts and passions develop when what we allow to come through our eye, ear or mind gates/gateway/doors to enter into our hearts, unfiltered by our morals, principles, precepts or the Word of God. When temptations are fulfilled, we enter into sin and when sin is fulfilled it leads to death, which is separation from God. One doorway leads us into another.
13. Let no one say when he is tempted, I am tempted from God; for God is incapable of being tempted by [what is] evil and He Himself tempts no one.
14. But every person is tempted when he is drawn away, enticed and baited by his own evil desire (lust, passions).
15. Then the evil desire, when it has conceived, gives birth to sin, and sin, when it is fully matured, brings forth death.
16. Do not be misled, my beloved brethren.
HOW WE ARE LEAD OUT?
That is why Jesus said, that He is the door that leads us out of death/darkness into life/light. He is the Light of the World. He is here to lead anyone who will follow Him by faith, to Himself, that is , back to where God is. He is our Light/Life that reconnects us back to God, which was our first state.
In so doing we regain the status of sons and daughters of God. Who also makes us kings and queens in His kingdom, since He is the King of Kings/Queens. Queen is simply used to signify the gender of a ruler/King. He also commissions us, as Our High Priest, to carry out His work on earth, which ordinates us as priests under God. Therefore we are His sons and King Priests and His daughters and Queen Priestesses. All this eternal bounty provided through the Lamb of God, Jesus, who was sacrificed for our sins. Thank you Jesus.
26. For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God through faith.
27. For as many [of you] as were baptized into Christ [into a spiritual union and communion with Christ, the Anointed One, the Messiah] have put on (clothed yourselves with) Christ.
28. There is [now no distinction neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29. And if you belong to Christ [are in Him Who is Abraham’s Seed] , then you are Abraham’s offspring and [spiritual] heirs according to promise.
I Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
5. And from Jesus Christ the faithful and trustworthy Witness, the Firstborn of the dead [first to be brought back to life] and the Prince (Ruler) of the kings of the earth. To Him Who ever loves us and ahs once [for all] loosed and freed us from our sins by His own blood,
6. And formed us into a kingdom (a royal race), priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the power and the majesty and the dominion throughout the ages and forever and ever. Amen (so be it).